Friday, July 6, 2007

The Fourth and Other Stuff

I myself am not too hot on holidays, but independence day has to be my favourite.

We all had a very nice Fourth of July...
Andy wasn't able to make it, real shame cause its so much fun to kick his butt with a padded sword..and also i didn't get to see my niece and sis in-law. =(
but on the bright side, Orion came home for the first time in a month...always nice seeing him. hes that sorta brother you like to keep around cause hes such a goof ball. never a dull moment with him. (though he gives the absolute worst advice, lol.)

Orion brought with him his "friend" Amy...and she is of course awesome cause shes such a wierdo, like me. her and i get along great..My sis Brooke, Amy and i spent most the whole day trying to get at Orions head..its so freaking easy to drive him nuts..pretend to whisper amongst each other, and he is like "what?" dying of curiosity. *snickers*

anyways, we shot guns too..my dad bought some soda just for shooting.. very interesting to see a shaken can of soda explode..it goes *boom* spraying soda everywhere.. unfortunately i'm a sucky aim so i didnt hit one..but my bro Bill did..hehe.
Run for cover, its Wren with a gun, and its loaded!
this is actually one of the only photos i have from the fourth...(atm)
my bro took it..i figured since our camera is more or less broken, i'd let my step sis handle all the picture taking. and now have to wait till i can get them from her, cause she lives at our form, a half hour away..snizzy...but thats ok, i'll update in a few days with them. we got some cool shots of the fireworks and a few videos too. =D

Sooo, in other news, i up and decided to do a portrait of my...err..tree...
If you know me, then you know i love my tree, shes my pet. and i picture her something like this:
Emerald Jaden by ~ThisIsMyLife on deviantART

personally, i think its my best work..i put more time in this than any other, and am quite pleased with it.

ya all see that beautiful artwork of the "snow princess" displayed on the side of my blog?..a great friend of mine made that for me, as a birthday gift.. i got the thing printed, and am soo happy with it.. i still have to get it framed before i put it up on my wall though..

i will be updating the last post with a few pics sooner or later, so check that out.

anyhow, i guess thats all for now... have to get some things done, then i'm going swimming! woohoo!
can you believe it? i got through a whole post without doing that silly face a once! (you know which i speak of!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look freaking awesome with the rifle, you know?! =P Nice pose, even though you're sitting on a bench and using the table took keep your rifle stable. Hope ya left some soda for later on. You never when you want to have one.

Good that you getting along with your bro's "friend" =D

Emmie looks great! I have said that like 2 million times.

And yes, thank you so much wren! glad you liked the painting. =)

Wren said...

heh, well now i know...or at least i know you think so, lol.

hehe, Amy and i are buddies!!! i like, love her!!

hmm..i'd say more like three million, but whos counting?..thanks Vin ^^

kay the awesome said...

phenomenal drawing girl! shes so pretty

Wren said...

Aw, thanks Kay ^^