Friday, April 20, 2007

What an experience....

now when i was younger, 10 to 15 yrs, i was extremely strong..for a girl that is. i was very active, helped my dad with work, like on our farm. would wrestle with boys and win ..... and climbed trees... *_*

i hadnt climbed a decent tree in years. i mean, sure i've climbed on low easily reached branches, but not one where the first branch is twice my height high.

well, i was in the woods doing alittle more than nothing...ok, fine, it was nothing. XD
and my bro started climbing that tree i mentioned before with the first branch twice my own height high...and he said something about me giving it a try... i'm like, yeah, sure...i can do this...there was a rope someone tied in the tree, but was quite useless since i was wearing a skirt and couldn't get my feet on the darn thing...So, off the skirt went...dont worry, this story is PG...i had pants beneath. XD

anyway, after trying to climb the rope, i found all that sitting around and doing nothing this last winter had weakened me considerably...i couldn't lift myself more than a few feet. So i told my bro to lift me up...bad move. i should know better. never ask your brothers for help.

Will is 14 yrs, he's short, but strong and had no problem helping to lift me..but like i said, "short", he could only lift so high....and after i got hold of that first branch, i began to smell..errr..something...

i'm like "oh dear, this tree smells bad!"

i looked down at my brother, who by now had this grin on his face that said "you know i've done something wrong" and chose that moment to give me a little science lesson..."heat rises" he said.

me: "OMG!!!!!!! i'll kill you!!!!!!!!!"

my mother picked a real bad time to call Will...she had something for him to do...he left me...hanging there....

weak me had some difficulties getting into the tree, but after the steam had risen, i managed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the first branch; not very high. You could have just jumped down...?

I don't understand this heat thing you're talking about... >_<

Well, get some dumbbells and start exercising. Or just find a heavy rock or piece of log (which will be in abundance since you live near the forest) and start swinging that around...

=P

Wren said...

Vin, not everyone benefits from swinging odd objects around, like you. ;P

heh, yes, i could have jumped...but i didn't want to... i wanted in that darn tree!!!!! and it was quite a long way down, actually..i had to jump in the end in order to get down.

vinny dear, you're just gonna have to figure out what the "heat thing" is for yourself. XD....be creative.